This school year has been unlike any other. But we’re getting through it, in large part thanks to our nation’s amazing educators. Take a moment to #ThankATeacherHCP during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 3-7.
Teachers influence the lives of millions of children every day—and in a year where instruction has been virtual, in-person or a mix of both, their immense work and impact have provided a much-needed sense of community and connection. Despite the challenges of the past year, educators across America are working hard to ensure every student has the tools they need to reach their full potential.
As a small way to give back to the heroes who keep our communities running, we are giving away one $1000 gift card to a DFW Area Teacher. and one $1000 gift card to a San Antonio area teacher. We will also be giving $1000 to the school the winning teacher works at! Want to show your favorite teacher how much you appreciate them? Enter them to win below! The teacher with the most nominations in each market will win.
Horton Capital Properties #ThankATeacherHCP Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
CONTEST IS, AND ENTRANT IS PARTICIPATING IN, A STRICTLY UNITED STATES BASED CONTEST.
By submitting your entry in this contest:
- You permit the HCP family of brands ("HCP") to transfer the personal data you have entered for the purpose of this contest to a server under HCP's control in the United States, as described below in the Official Rules, subject to all applicable data protection and data security laws. You have the right to access, erase, and correct your personal data submitted for this contest at any time by sending an email request to email@example.com with "HCP #ThankATeacherHCP contest" as the email subject.
- Eligibility: The HCP #ThankATeacherHCP Contest (the "Promotion") is open only to teachers who are employed for the 2020-2021 school year in a private or public school in the greater metropolitan areas of San Antonio and Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas. The following entities and persons are not eligible to participate in the contest: HCP Employees and their family members and people who reside in their household. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, national, state, and local laws and is void outside of Texas and where prohibited by law. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the contest administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to the validation of the judging process. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules.
- Promotion Period: The promotion period begins at 9:00AM CDT on May 3, 2021 and ends at 11:59PM CDT on May 7, 2021 (the "Promotion Period").
- How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, nominators must complete each of the following steps during the Promotion Period (Entry Process").
- Complete the Entry Form. Visit https://forms.office.com/r/htVeJZnPe9 (the "Website") and complete the online official entry form. Nominators must complete all required information, including providing the nominees' Full Name, School, District (if applicable), email address, and click the submit button to enter.
- Tag your nominee in our official Promotion Instagram #ThankATeacherHCP post and include the hashtag "#ThankATeacherHCP" in your comment.
- Follow or Like @KindredHomesDFW and/or @KindredHomesSanAntonio accounts.
- Additional Conditions of Submission: Any Entry that HCP, in its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in the Promotion will not be considered or displayed, and the Entry and corresponding entrant will be disqualified.
- Winner: All eligible Nominations received during the Promotion Period will be selected by HCP on the basis of all conditions being met. The top teacher from each metropolitan area whose entries achieve the most nominations shall be deemed the winners and will be awarded the prizes described in Rule 5 below. If there is a subsequent tie, the tiebreaker will be based upon the creativity of the comments submitted regarding the teacher. Winners will be determined by May 14, 2021.
- Prizes: Each teacher earning the highest level of nominations will receive a $1000 Gift Card, and their corresponding school will receive a $1000 cash donation. Each winner will receive their Prize via Giftly or check. Limit one Prize per teacher. Prizes will be delivered only to the teacher's school address by May 27, 2021. At HCP's discretion, unclaimed Prize (s) may not be awarded.
- Nominee Verification: The winning teacher must prove employment at the accreditated school on nomination forms. The Promotion Administrator reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Promotion Administrator, including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) for any reason the Promotion Administrator deems necessary, in its sole discretion, to administer this Promotion in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Promotion Administrator within the timeline specified by the Promotion Administrator may result in disqualification by the Promotion Administrator, in its sole discretion.
- Disqualification: Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules (as determined by HCP in its sole discretion) will be void and will not be entered into the Promotion. Entries made by automated means, any entry service, or in any other manner not specifically allowed under these Official Rules will not be entered into the Promotion and may result in disqualification of the Entries and the responsible entrant(s). HCP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner.
- Limitations: To the maximum extent permitted by law, HCP is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions, Entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, non-delivered, or not received by HCP for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in the operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Nominations (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants' or any person's computer(s); (v) causes beyond HCP's reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate Nomnination information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Promotion, in the administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement/notification of Prize winners; (viii) any human, or other error, which may occur in the Promotion; or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant.
- Modification, Suspension, and Termination: If for any reason the Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, social media mandate, or any other causes beyond the control of HCP that corrupt or affect the security, administration, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, HCP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect Nomination/entries and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the stated end date of the Promotion Period, HCP may select the winners for the Promotion Period then in progress from among all applicable eligible, non-suspect Nominations received as of the time/date of termination using the judging procedures listed in these Official Rules. Thereafter, no further Nominations will be accepted, and no further Prizes will be awarded.
- Releases: By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing): (a) that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Parties, Instagram and FaceBook and their respective successors and assigns from and against any liability, loss, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injury, death or damages arising out of participation in the Promotion or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize received in the Promotion or the use of any image, photograph, video or Nomination; and (c) to waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees, court costs, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes, or modifies or purports to limit, exclude, or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty, the exclusion of which from these terms would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void. By accepting Prizes, winners acknowledge that HCP has not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or in law, relative to the Prize or any portion thereof.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each entrant's permission and grant of all consents required for HCP and its agencies to use the entrant's name, photographs, videos, voices and/or any other likenesses for the purposes of advertising and publicity in connection with the Promotion in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation or notice.
- Winners List: Winners will be posted on social media and will remain for the term of one year or more on the account.