Kindred Homes is part of the HCP Family of Brands and currently builds in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex and San Antonio Metroplex. Kindred Homes is dedicated to quality construction at affordable prices. Buying a home is most often the largest purchase an individual or family will make; where children are raised and memories are created. Family matters to our customers and also to us. We are focused on not only building homes but assisting buyers in building a future with their families in their homes. Be a part of our family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide financial analysis or special project assistance as directed by Controller and CFO.
• Establish and maintain strong relations with division and corporate accounting & finance personnel.
• Manage the entire month end close process, including managing all accounting journal entries, performing balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring data accuracy for monthly financial statements, and reconciling/reporting monthly unit activity to departmental/regional leaders.
• Help divisions ensure accuracy and completeness of control documentation, specifically relating to Sarbanes-Oxley and internal audit requirements.
• Help divisions comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
• Monitor division performance in key metrics (sales, starts, closings, backlog, gross profit, SG&A spending, ROI, inventory turn). Participate in preparing annual budget and planning updates.
• Provide support in monitoring land acquisitions and complying with related milestones and obligations.
• Assist in reviewing proposed land acquisitions and monitoring actual performance and integration with annual budget.
• Provide supporting analysis and schedules related to treasury, banking and corporate debt.
• Coordinate necessary improvements in data completeness, accuracy and integrity for useful and enhanced reporting capabilities. Review current processes and reports for potential improvements.
• Identify areas for cost savings and presenting those ideas to division and corporate management.
• Provide financial modeling, ad-hoc analysis, and assistance with corporate and division projects and initiatives, as needed.
• Other duties not listed herein may be assigned as necessary.
• Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
Job Requirements (Education and/or Experience):
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from four-year college or university.
• CPA certification strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years financial/accounting experience. Public accounting experience strongly preferred (homebuilding experience a plus).
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form.
• Proficiency with MS Office and email. Preferred experience with BRIX.
• High level of Microsoft Excel and accounting/ERP system knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time